7th Week

On even weeks I have both my primary and secondary tutorials, so on odd weeks when I have a little bit more free time I try to explore different areas of Oxford. This week I finally made it to the covered market, which has some nice small cafes and shops, as well as a popular milkshake shop called Moo-Moo’s.

“i’m going to put this on my snapchat story captioned ‘baby’s first moo-moo’s'” – Renu

But one of the most spectacular things that I have done so far in Oxford was climbing to the top of the University Church of St Mary. For 3 pounds, you can climb up a narrow and winding staircase to the top of the church where you have the most spectacular views of Oxford.

Matt and a pretty view. Tim is on his phone in the back not appreciating the beauty.

On the whole, this was an eventful and fun 7th week at Mansfield. Since Thursday was Thanksgiving, Mansfield gave us a nice and relatively authentic dinner in the chapel. It was also nice because the Holy Cross contingent all managed to sit with each other and have a meal together. We have all been busy with our work and other activities, so it was nice to finally catch up with everyone.

And then on Saturday night the Mansfield JCR threw a Christmas themed “bop”, which is pretty much the equivalent of an awkward high-school dance, but with more wine. I dragged Tim and Brandon along with me, but they did not seem to enjoy it as much as I did. The students at Mansfield are very fun-loving and good people, so events like these are definitely worth going to, in my opinion.

My turtleneck was a real conversation starter that evening.

Only two more papers and tutorials next week, and then it’s time for winter break. Looking forward to it!

Henry