Leaving Tomorrow

It has been a hectic few days of preparation and packing, but in less than 24 hours I will be on a plane flying to England!

I think that the hardest part of this whole process has been saying goodbye to my puppies. They probably know that I’m leaving because they haven’t left my side for the last few days. A few of my friends have asked if I will try to smuggle the pups in my carry on. It is a fun idea, but an impractical one; there is a 70 pound weight limit on each suitcase and my dogs are quite chubby. It is either them or my clothes and books, and I am going to Oxford to study, so this time I should probably take the books.

Anyway, once I arrive and drop off my things, I leave again for a short 2 day trip to Germany for a cultural experience before the fresher week orientation festivities begin. It will be a busy few days, so I will write again about everything once I am back at Oxford and well-rested.   

On a side note, I am very excited for my long flight. I always get my best reading and thinking done while on planes.

I will miss you New York, but I’ll see you soon.

Henry

Packing the essentials
Parting is such sweet sorrow